Tuesday, July 14, 2009

San Diego Trip 2009 - 2 Weeks in 10 Posts

My wonderful, fabulous, dear sister AmySwimming with Amy's kids Brian and Kayla in their pool
Painting a VW bug at the Children's Museum
Making clay pots
Watching the trolleys go by
Hungry Sammy
Adorable Kayla
Sweet Johnny
Smiley Brian
Romping in the soft room ... bottoms up Johnny!
Sammy amazed the wind blew a bubble by itself
I lucked out capturing this shot
Sammy's hiding since I asked a stranger to take this photo

We got back a few days ago from a two week trip to San Diego. The boys and I are some really lucky duckies as everything on this trip went right (well, everything except Keith not being able to come with us ... bah!). We worked hard to get healthy before we left and with the help of massive amounts of germ killing gel and wipes and an Adrian Monk like approach to traveling, we managed to stay healthy the entire trip. I got some pretty funny looks as I wiped down every single surface with antibacterial wipes on the plane rides (I used a whole travel pack of wipes per plane ride - LOL!). My phenomenal sister Amy and her fabulous husband Andy set us up in their sensational guest house for our entire stay. Their guest house is about the nicest accommodations I could ever imagine staying in. They also had great ideas for things to do and access to some really sweet deals. Thank you both! I tried really hard to stay on Texas time, but the boys just couldn't get to sleep before dark so our schedule got later and later as the trip went on. My mom and Bill were also specatacularly helpful at the airport arriving and departing ... I really don't see how I could have managed with all the bags, car seats and rental car shuttles without their help. Thank you both too! We got to spend a lot of fun time with everyone and it was quite the activity-packed trip. This suited me and the boys just fine and we had an absolute blast! We swam in Amy's pool only one time as we were so busy the rest of the days. Amy & I took our kids to the Children's Museum downtown (I've tried to go a couple of trips in the past but it was closed due to remodeling). The CM was super fun and after we finished up there we took a Harbor Cruise on a Hornblower something or other boat. Sammy was fascinated by the ships and really wanted to go on the giant museum ship with all the jets on top. Johnny stuck to Aunt Amy like glue and had a nice time with her and her kids while Sammy & I watched the water over the side and took photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home