Tuesday, July 14, 2009

La Jolla Shores

A big thumbs up!Sammy depending on his big brother for safetyGetting knocked down by a wave ...
... and Sammy's reaction to being doused
Johnny playing out in the waves by himself
Charging the surf
I finally warmed up enough to take my long sleeves off

Johnny wanted to go back to the beach for his birthday so I took him to La Jolla Shores. We ended up going by ourselves as the rest of the family was either still sunburned from our first trip to the beach or otherwise indisposed (preschool/work). The water was still cold, but warm enough that the kids were happy to play in it. I was freezing and couldn't stop shivering so I sat on the beach wrapped up in towels a lot of the time. I was so glad both boys had their life jackets on so I could let them play in the water by themselves. They had an absolute blast and it was so sweet to see Johnny holding Sammy's hand and keeping him safe in the water. It brought back fond memories of playing in the waves with my older sister and brother when I was little. I tried to keep their straw hats, glasses and long sleeves on them most of the time so we stayed there from about 1 to 7pm and didn't get burned. Who cares if we looked silly ... keeping covered up enabled us to spend time in the sun doing fun activities every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home