Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Coronado Beach

My toothy cutie pie!
"Acck! It's freezing!"
Sammy checking out the military helicopter
Sammy wanted to be buried ... probably to stay warm
Grandma & Grandpa being silly ... "Toro!"
My sister Amy and my Mom ... A.K.A. "Grandma"
Kayla & Sammy playing in the surf
Brian, Johnny and Kayla working on one of many castles

Amy & I took our kids to Coronado Beach and met Grandma & Grandpa there. We used to go there as kids and I loved watching the military helicopters, jets and airplanes fly overhead. As I suspected, the boys loved this part too. It is a really pretty beach, but the water was freezing cold. I'd stand in the water ankle deep for about a minute and my feet ached so badly from the cold that I couldn't stand it. There was NO way I was getting into this ice cube far enough to go swimming. Johnny, who can tolerate super cold water, didn't end up spending much time romping in the surf either. Brrr! The boys had a great time playing with their cousins in the sand, building various castles that kept getting washed away by the climbing tide. It was pretty chilly with the breeze and sitting in the sun baked sand sure felt toasty. The bad part of this trip out is that Grandma (my mom), Amy & her two kids all got sunburned. My mom's burn was so bad that she had to avoid the sun as much as possible for the remainder of our trip. Poor guys! I feel badly that were at the beach to be with us and ended up getting torched. I guess our skin is a little more sun tolerant since we have been wearing shorts for months in Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home