Wednesday, November 22, 2006

La Jolla Shores II

Checking out a little crab
Realizing that the most fun we were having on this trip was at the beach I decided to spend our last day in San Diego back at La Jolla Shores again. My mom and I headed out together and got to the beach about noon and the weather was perfect. 90 degrees inland, 70 degrees at the beach and sunny. Beautiful! The boys had a blast and Sammy was happy to play with Grandma in a little wading pool I dug for him while I took Johnny out into the waves. The lifeguard informed us twice that we were in the most famous rip current section of beach and advised us to move down (which we had after the first warning, but apparently not far enough). To be safe, we went out directly in front of the lifeguard tower. We were all having a blast when I realized I needed to call Keith and my mom was on the phone with Bill at the same time. A few minutes later we realized Johnny was gone. I started to panic and dreaded the worst, that Johnny had gone back out in the surf by himself and gotten knocked over and sucked out into the ocean. I started asking people nearby if they'd seen Johnny and one man advised me to go to the lifeguard station. I ran over and soon after the lifeguard made an announcement. Immediately after the announcement we could see the tiny far off figures of a woman and little boy running toward the lifeguard station from way on the other side of the beach. When I picked Johnny up I totally started to cry. I had envisioned that this might really be the end of Johnny, either by drowing or kidnapping and it was horrifying. At this point, I was ready to go home, so we packed up and headed back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Yikes!!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home