Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Sammy's First Bike Ride


Having a couple of days of extraordinarily nice weather, I decided to pull out my bike and kiddie trailer for the first time since before I got pregnant with Sammy and go for a ride. After dropping Johnny off at school, I pumped up the tires and rode from home back to Johnny's school to see how long it would take to get there. My plan is to pick Johnny up from school with the bike trailer, but we'll have to see how my legs feel in a couple of hours. It's a short trip, a little under a mile, but it's been soooooooo long since my legs have done anything other than walk that they feel like tubes of jelly. The thought that both kids together equal more than 60% of my body weight makes my legs start to ache in anticipation, never mind the weight of the trailer itself.

Sammy seemed to enjoy his ride and by the time we got home (10 minutes each direction) he was zonked in the trailer. I took this photo through the trailer netting, thus the strange shadow pattern on his face.

4 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

What a beautiful shot. I didn't even know there was netting, that's how non-techinical I am. Now I see it, of course. That is a beautiful boy. Give him lots of kisses from Mama P in la la Land. And congrats on the walk. I am going to start, too. No excuses, but it's not as exciting with two kids in a stroller. The arguing, the prep... I'm more stressed after walking than before. Hmmm... my next post? Anyhoo, as John Lennon would say "Beautiful, beautiful beautiful, beautiful boy...."

6:47 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Wow, I used the word beautiful alot in that last comment. Then again, it's referring to your kid, so you probably don't care. Still, a bit repetitive. Sorry.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Ahhh, you're too kind! LOL that you felt the need to apologize for using the word beautiful too much to describe my son. You're making big brownie points over here! ;) I bought bike helmets for both boys today, and the plan is to take Johnny to school in the morning via bike. This will of course depend on getting out of here a whole 10-15 minutes early. Johnny plans to run ahead of the bike on foot as he doesn't like being smooshed by Sammy in the trailer. I told him it's just like cuddling! ;)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

Considering how gorgeous their mama is, it's not surprise that those boys are, too! ;)
The bike idea is a great one - let us know how that works out for you.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home