Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sweet Boys

Sammy and Johnny were having a sweet moment earlier today ... one of many lately ... yay! Later in the day Johnny was stroking Sammy's hair while he nursed and Sammy kept smiling up at Johnny and closing his eyes. Sammy rarely nurses with his eyes closed, so I gathered he was truly enjoying Johnny's soft caresses. I can't tell you how my heart melted. I will say that the boys seem to have gotten past their first rough spot and enjoy each other's company a lot these days. I'm sure there will be ups and downs as far as how they feel about each other, and I'll enjoy these kind of days immensely!

4 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Awwww, baby kisses! So sweet.

Word verif: hipzpert - sounds like a Balderdash word.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Ah yes, I can't get enough of those kisses!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

I totally get the excitement of the kids liking each other. My two are so close now, even though they went through a spell of hating each other. Well, Stink sitting on Pip's face. She could care less. I found that nipping that stuff in the bud early is the key, however your ways of doing it. Mine was time out, but of course everyone's different. My point: I am really trying to teach Stink to be nice to his sister so that she chooses a nice person for herself some day - one that loves her as much as Stink. Of course when I tell him that, he sometimes responds "and will he love her poopy diaper? 'Cause I don't" Like I said, work in progress. Congrats! Beautiful kids.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Mama P - love your photo! Setting more limits for Sammy, having plenty of designated "Mama-Johnny" time and explaining to Johnny that Sammy follows him around everywhere because he like him and thinks he's fun to play with all seem to have helped. One of these days I need to sit down and actually read the "Siblings Without Rivalry" book I bought. Prolly lots more good stuff in there! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :D

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home