Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sammy's 15 Month Checkup


Well, Sammy appears to be healthy and developing right on schedule. He still seems to be focused on motor rather than verbal, as was Johnny. I asked to have his hearing tested, and the nurse tried for a long time but unfortunately couldn't complete the test. Sammy sat quietly like an angel for a long time, but after having the nurse try three different sized ear tips and pushing the machine deep into each ear at least 30 times, he decided he had enough and ceased to cooperate. So, we'll try again in 3 months at his next checkup. I'm not anxious about it, but for a variety of reasons I have wondered if his hearing isn't all there. Sammy can hear, I'm just not sure how well. Of course there is always the possibility that he can hear perfectly and he's just not listening ... gee imagine that in a toddler?! Anyway, we'll find out eventually.

My impression is that Sammy is a chubby little cheeseburger, however, his current weight says that isn't so! Sammy actually falls a little below the 50th percentile for weight, while his height is in the 75-90th percentile. As usual for the Klevenski boys, Sammy's head is in the 90th. This is about what I remember for Johnny's measurements ... tall and slender with a big head.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

That is a beautiful shot of your handsome boy! And don't worry about the hearing. Toddlers have his amazing way of not hearing you ask them to sit down, but they can hear an icecream truck in Iowa.

11:12 PM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Aww thanks MamaP! You're too funny! It's not so much his "ignoring" me that concerns me ... but rather if I come up behind him and say "pssst! pssst!" and whisper his name, he doesn't budge. Then if I say it really loud "PSSST!" he'll turn and look at me with surprise. Sammy did fail his first two hearing tests in the hospital as a newborn (and then passed a much fancier test) and his father was born with hearing in only one ear. I test Sammy by making little noises and he never turns to see what it is until I do it louder. I know he can hear, I'm just wondering if he has some degree of diminished hearing. When he does say the few words he knows he sounds like a deaf person talking. Hopefully it's nothing, but I think there is a reasonable possibility he has some hearing loss. I'm not worried, but I will pray about it and get him retested in 3 months. ;)

11:39 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

(lol Mama P)
Hopefully that will work out!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home