Friday, September 08, 2006

The Big Boy Table

The boys do a lot of cuddling while they eat ... aww!"Hammy"
Starting a game of up/down? (Notice Johnny signing "down)
Sammy signing (sit) down

This little table was the greatest $5 purchase I've made in a while. The boys love it for painting, drawing and now eating together. Last night they ate tuna casserole together at this table and had a ball. Of course I had to thoroughly clean the table, the boys and the cabinet, but it was worth it to see the looks of glee from both boys from being able to eat together. Sammy is showing off his pearly whites and nice chomping molars while hamming for the camera. Sammy stood up on the bench a few times laughing and then sat down and signed (sit) down and clapped for himself. I was starting to think he was turning it into a game of standing up even though he knew that was against the rules, but since he only did it a few times I though that maybe he was just proud of himself for understanding the sit down sign and was showing off his skills to me. After the third stand, I was about to end the meal, but luckily he didn't do it again. I guess this doesn't follow the Love and Logic rules of "no warnings" but I wasn't convinced this was deliberate defiance. Besides, I think it would be better to ease into this new philosophy rather than suddenly overnight have a whole new set of unbending rules. Just my opinion.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

Such handsome offspring. I love Sammy's face in the second pic. It's great to see how well they are getting along!

Hey, guess what? You've been tagged! Check it out... You're it!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

I think you are doing fabulous. Some advice I got in a parenting class last year was to start by adding 3 new things a week until. When they are routine, set in stone, for seven days in a row, then add more. If only one rule gets cemented, keep that one and add another. It has really helped me. (And while I'm pretty consistent, some days I pretend not to see for the sake of my sanity and that's okay, too. Well, in my book anyway. Cute shots.)

12:46 AM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Teri - aww thanks! Yes, this is a nice phase. So by tagged, I guess that means I'm supposed to make a post about the contents of my purse?

Mama P - Thanks for saying so. That is good advice ... I'll try that. One book compared it to dieting ... don't try to do it all at once, but add things in one at a time. I like your guideline tho ... more specific. ;)

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home