Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Who Knew Homework Could Be So Fun?


Johnny's first week of kindergarten started out great ... for three days that is. Then on Wednesday, he went to the school nurse after he started crying during story time complaining of neck pain. He was sent back to class and all was assumed to be okay until I picked him up after school and discovered he had a temperature of 102.6 and was complaining of neck pain, headache, light sensitivity, aches, pains, chills and fatigue. Johnny passed out on the couch before I could get off the phone with the school nurse and then I hurried him to his pediatrician to make sure he didn't have meningitis ... he didn't. No strep either, but a fever that lasted for 8 straight days (making him miss an entire week of kindergarten) and chest congestion and coughing that was the worst we've had yet. Johnny and I eventually both got on antibiotics to prevent walking pneumonia, and funny enough, the doctor said our symptoms sounded like whooping cough. I've never coughed harder and more often in my life. I seriously expected to find one of my lungs on my pillow each morning. There's no break in our near future though, we've all three come down with a head cold before fully recovering from the last ailment. Sigh. Such is the history of my immune system.

Anyway, the three of us had a fun family time catching up on all of Johnny's missed school work tonight. Including Sammy in the activities is really the only way to get anything done. He'll be a scissor wielding pro by the time he's in school. Ha ha!

I'll try to do better and keeping my posts up to date. And yes, I do realize Sammy's hair looks ridiculous, but after Sammy being sick, then Johnny and me, then all three of us again, it's been forever since we both felt good enough to attempt a hair cut. It will be cut soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home