Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Swimming Lessons

Johnny in midair leap

Johnny demonstrating his excellent diving form!

Maia leaping from diving board ... wheeee!

Two year old Eva being "dropped" into deep end ... what a good sport!

Swimming lessons are progressing with notable improvements in Johnny's attitude toward the water. However, I don't think I'll sign them up for another class right away as it doesn't seem like they are getting much more out of it than if I were just taking them to the pool myself. Johnny doesn't participate with his class and ends up being carried around by one of the instructors all class. Strong willed children can't be pushed before they are ready in situations like this or it just turns into an all out battle, so I'm letting him go at his own pace. Sammy seems to like the water less every day and may be a bit too young to follow the instructions he needs to. So, we're going to take a break after this week and just go to the pool regularly ourselves.

I took some cute photos today of Johnny jumping off the side of the pool to the instructors and Johnny's friend Maia and her little sister Eva going off of the diving board. No photos of Sammy since I'm in the water with him during his class. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home