Friday, June 09, 2006

Staying Cool




Sammy running - can you see the motion?


Sammy crawling in kitchen

Sammy making friends at sprinkler park



Cackling with laughter

In case you're wondering where all the photos of Johnny are ...
he doesn't want to be photographed

My very best friend Jessica - right before she moved to Austin ... SOB!

Well it's as hot as the inside of a baked potato here, and apparently it's not even summer yet. Egads! We're doing what we can to stay cool which includes staying indoors (boring) and taking trips to the sprinkler park or playing in the water in our back yard. We beat the "feels like 97" heat today in our sit and spin sprinker. Then after baths for both boys to get all the sunscreen off, I got a couple cute photos of Sammy running. Still shots don't really capture the motion all that well, but you get the idea. Once Sammy started walking he progressed really fast, I assume from all the practice he got with his push toys. Sammy loves to clap and tries to play pat-a-cake with me and blows me lots of kisses. Johnny's getting a little bored at home since school is out and I haven't enrolled him in any swimming or gymnastics classes yet. With a limit of one hour of TV per day and only educational games on his computer, he is spending a lot more time drawing and playing with clay which will help strengthen his little fingers for writing. We play catch and I toss a ball for him to kick back to me so we're working on gross motor skills too. The more one on one time I spend with Johnny, the happier he is in general and the less he antagonizes Sammy. The boys are getting along much better than they were a month ago due to me setting more limitations for Sammy and spending more "Mama-Johnny" time together without Sams.

3 Comments:

Blogger Teri M. said...

They are so adorable!! And a sprinkler park?? I waaaannaaaa gooooo!!

Stay cool. And kewl. Hee.

6:04 PM  
Blogger beholdhowfree said...

These pictures are great!
And your older son looks so much like you.

2:01 AM  
Blogger The Walmer Family said...

Love the ideas to beat the heat! I am afraid to let Benjamin run in the grass because of the fire ants that may be lurking... Maybe I will try the sprinkler this week!

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home