Saturday, November 15, 2008

Johnny's Playing Baseball

Johnny's first baseball practiceJohnny "walking" the bases since he had walking pneumonia
Go team!Johnny up to bat
Johnny's leap into a slideHe loves sliding into home
Playing in the outfield
Running after a ball
Sammy was a great sport at all the games
I signed Johnny up to play machine pitch baseball this Fall which was his first experience in playing any team sports outside of school. Johnny and I have played a lot together in the back yard taking turns pitching the ball to each other and I noticed he seemed to have a natural talent for hitting the ball. I wasn't sure if he was ready for machine pitch baseball since he never played teeball, so I took him to a batting cage for a 15 minute session to see how he would do. Johnny did great so I signed him up and he had a great season! Well, great except for being sick the entire season. Johnny played one or two games and then had to miss 4 in a row. He started the season with walking pneumonia and got strep throat and a virus shortly after. I am extremely proud of Johnny and think he did really well. For all the games he played in (5 or 6) getting up to bat 2 - 3 times per game, he only struck out one time! I would love to see him continue playing baseball, although due to league regulations he'll have to play teeball this Spring and could then play machine pitch baseball in the following seasons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home