Saturday, July 22, 2006

New SLR Camera

Allie's birthday party
Mama taking the boys down the slide
A future gamer perhaps? Dada is so proud!
Trying some macro shots of fire ants and bottle brush pods
Johnny was thrilled to help mow
Sporting his new safety goggles for his toy weed whipper
Happily playing with the hose
Sammy loves to kiss

Soft Sammy
Angelic Sams
Chatty Johnny
Serious Johnny

I'll keep the text short this time and just say that we upgraded to a digital SLR camera and discovered a big learning curve trying to use it. In the end, it will take photos vastly superior to our old point and shoot digital, but for now, we are still taking a lot of photos with poor exposure, wrong depth of field, off color balance etc. It has been a lot of fun so far and has opened a new and exciting common interest for me and Keith. Keith is great at researching equipment and photo editing software tips and has been a great help in getting us on our way to being better photographers. The photos in this post are certainly not all included because of their quality. We're still very much in the learning stage and some of the poses were cute even though the photo quality was substandard. I'm really excited about our new camera and having some fun family time together with Keith's newfound interest in photography. Stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

I found your site through Teri M. Great shots! Curious if those pools were in Magnolia Texas in Houston? I ask because my best friend and her family live in Magnolia. Anyway, enjoy the babies. I have two myself, ages 3 and 2 and live in Los Angeles.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Mama P - thanks for the kind praise! :)

Just to be confusing, Magnolia Plantation is a subdivision in Sugar Land which is about 20 miles SW of downtown Houston. Magnolia (which is where my Mother-in-Law lives) is about 40 miles NW of downtown Houston. I wonder if your best friend knows my mother-in-law? He he. The very disappointing part about the pool there is that it is not open to the general public - you can only go there if you have their subdivision's pool tags. So sadly I've only been there 2x using someone else's tags. Sigh.

Incidentally, I lived in LA for a number of years after growing up in SD. I lived in Uptown Whittier & Long Beach before moving to Laguna Niguel (my very favorite place to live) before losing my sanity and moving to Houston. Ahh ... what we do for love. ;)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home