Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Eve

Sammy having a carrot picnic

Johnny throwing a football with much gusto

Johnny catching a football with ... his face

Catching with more style

Johnny running toward Dada with ball

Johnny trying to outrun the ball that Dada threw at him

The weather was unseasonably warm for a couple of days, which gave us a great opportunity to spend some time playing outside. After being in isolation for the last month, Johnny is profoundly enjoying every opportunity he gets to run around and play with someone other than me. Of course he still loves his time with me, but variety is refreshing. Johnny did rather enjoy the fact that I raked up all of the leaves from our back yard into a big pile for him to romp in. The pile was as tall as he is!

I started Sammy on carrots and stopped after four days. I noticed that he developed an odd dry cough that was disturbing his sleep and by the 3rd and 4th days, he was breathing noisily and wheezing again. I don't know if it is related to the new food or not, but I stopped the carrots anyway. I plan to call his pediatrician to see if I should attempt to reintroduce them to determine if the carrots were in fact the cause of his wheezing, or if that is too risky. We had spent a lot of time outdoors those days, so it might have been pollen allergies. I really pray Sammy doesn't have ongoing breathing difficulties. I'm checking into allergy testing for both of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home