Monday, February 11, 2008

Trying Out My New Lens

Sammy's standard toothy smile!

I got a new lens for my birthday which is made for taking portraits. I haven't exactly figured out how to use it yet, but one of these days I'll find the time to sit down and read some instructions.

I'll leave you with a funny story about Sammy from last week. Sammy has been going through a phase of denial ... if you ask him to wash his hands after coming home from the playground, he'll say "I didn't touch anything." Yeah, right. LOL! So last week was the best denial ever. He wasn't settling down for his daily nap, which sometimes happens if he has pooped. I went up to check on him after listening to him reading stories in his room for awhile and had this hilarious exchange:

Me: Sammy, you pooped! Please tell me when you poop so I can change your diaper. (He usually tells me immediately)
Sammy: No, I didn't.
Me: Yes, honey, I can tell you pooped, I can smell it.
Sammy: No, I didn't poop.
Me: Sammy, you pooped, there is poop in your diaper.
Sammy: It's not mine!


At this point I burst out laughing! I'm sure he'll love hearing this story when he's a teenager. LOL!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am a cousin I think, Marilyn's daughter. Anyways we have a 2 1/2 year old (Dusty) and he always tells me that he didn't poop, but he tells me that his sister did it...

Jean Ulmer

6:31 AM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Jean,
Ha ha ha!! That's even funnier! Thanks for sharing that for a laugh. So you are Jean as in Keith and Jean? I'd love to hear from you by email ... your mom has my contact info. Thanks for saying hello! :)

9:13 PM  
Blogger beholdhowfree said...

great pictures!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Mandy Klevenski said...

Thanks Dan! I'm so glad you are safely back from Africa. What a wonderful experience!

12:46 PM  
Blogger The Walmer Family said...

Love your new pics! Get well, Johnny! Got to hang out with Cynthia Ratliff today. Their house looks good and should be ready by July.

12:12 AM  
Blogger Teri M. said...

LOL!
Definitely a story for when he brings a girl home. ;)

p.s. beautiful pictures. :)

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home