Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Sammy Cut His First Tooth


Sammy's smile was made possible today by Tylenol and cold chew toys. In hindsight I realize now that he cut his first tooth yesterday afternoon. After a bout of unexplained screaming, he was acting very fussy and very tired but couldn't stay asleep. He woke up crying over and over for four straight hours but each time I went to his crib, he showed no interest in getting up and would just put his head back down and try to go back to sleep. This is highly unusual behavior and he felt a tad warm, but didn't register any notable fever. After four hours of this I knew something was wrong, but not what, so I figured I'd try Tylenol and see if it was pain that was bothering him. I had already checked for everything else I could think of. Well, that did the trick and he stayed asleep after that. I noticed he felt warm during the night and then this morning I watched him bite a chew toy and then start crying in pain. So, I checked his lower gum and sure enough ... his first tooth cut through! I was joking with my friend Jessica that Johnny didn't cut his first tooth until he was 9 months old (which was when I started feeding him baby cereal) and maybe since I started Sammy on cereal at 6 months, he figured he'd better hurry up and start cutting teeth to be ready for more food! Ha ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home