Sunday, October 23, 2005

Sammy Time

Flirting with Mama

I finally captured some smiles on camera

Uh oh ... Sammy discovered his thumb

I took Sammy to the doctor last week for his 4 month checkup. His percentiles were exactly the same as they were at his 2 month checkup ... length and head = 50% and weight = 90% at 17 1/2 lbs. Sammy likes to eat! I have noticed that when I put him down to sleep, I often hear him sucking on his hands to comfort himself before he falls asleep. Yesterday for the first time, I saw him sucking his thumb. I'm not sure if I should be happy about this or not. On one hand it is good for a baby to have effective self-comforting skills, but on the other hand it seems like it could become a habit that is challenging to break later on. Johnny never sucked his thumb or had an attachment to any comforting object ... his comfort thing has always been my hair. When Johnny gets scared or upset, he starts pawing at my hair and hangs onto it for dear life. He loves hair in general and loves to stroke mine (which I love) and always tries to stroke other kid's hair (which some tolerate more than others). Johnny always wants to "hug Sammy, kiss Sammy and rub his hair." (more like rub his bald head ... ha ha!) :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home